Volvo's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
I'm really getting uninterested in my prelude. Its dull, and I don't have money to modifyit much. I haven't even bought an intake for it, and I just pulled the system I had in it out the other day, as I'm afraid it'll get jacked up here at college. So I've been looking into something a little more roomy, and would be about as quick.

Now I've been doing some searching and research and I came across volvo's. My friend's dad has a few, loves them to death, and has had only good experiences with them. My mom had one years ago, it was an awesome car but was getting tired so we traded it in on the minivan we have now.

I'm looking into a mid-90's 850 T5 or T5R or maybe even an S60 R of some sort. It has to be a five speed, but I'm not sure if there are many. If anyone has any good info on volvo's please let me in on them. So what does everyone think?

im soooo getting an 850 GLT and changing the turbo...my next $800 project...ive been planning it forever.

My brother has the non turbo 850. Its a 93 I think. I went and looked at a 96 850GLT (the turbo model) and it was freakin pricey. Volvo's are pretty damn hardcore. There isnt a ton of state side companies that make parts for them but there are a few places that make shit for them. My brother bought all of his parts through http://www.ipdusa.com/ He spent about 1000 dollars on the suspension and it handels pretty damn well for a heavy car.

My cousin owns a 240 turbo and that this is pretty damn quick. His dad also has a 240 Waggon that is fully restored. I think he is boosting 15 or so pounds. Now that thing is a sleeper. Like mentioned above www.volvospeed.com is a pretty good place for info Ive checked it out a few times. If you do get into Volvo's hit the fourms there are a few guys out there that are known all over for there Volvo's and they visit a few of the fourms frequintly. Either way best of luck to you. If you have any other questions I can get ahold of my brother and ask him for you.

they are tanks. if someone hits you, youll get about 10% of the damage and theyll get the other 90%. but as far as speed is concerned... ehhhhhh....

Quoted post[/post]]
they are tanks. if someone hits you, youll get about 10% of the damage and theyll get the other 90%. but as far as speed is concerned... ehhhhhh....
the new ones with turbos are pretty fast for a stock car. thank a summer of valet parking

yep the newer ones are quick. The older turbo models can be made quick. And they're prety strong in all aspects. The older interior isn't the nicest but it's a good car.

get one and do some suspension work and its a nice little auto-x car.

my dad had a 240 non turbo, and i ran that bitch over a pile on...he thought i bottomed the car out because the plastic thingy that covers the engine was gone (cannot remember what its called for the life of me...like skid plate or something)

Back