Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable/Road Runer VoIP?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Right now we have Vonage. It's ok but the equipment they gave us is shitty(Linksys RTP300). Anyways, before we were paying $27 a month, now its at $31 a month because of the "State Sales Tax". Road Runner VoIP phone service is $29.99...does anyone know if there are other taxes and fee's that apply to Road Runner/TWC VoIP? Because if there isn't any, I want to just get a service bundle from TWC/RR and not have the hassle of different bills and get cable TV.

Nevermind! Time Warner digi phone is only $30 a month if you call in just the Carolinas. We make calls to TX and CA so I guess that's a no go(It'll cost $40/$45 for that option)

What about land lines? What happens if your cable/dsl/electricity goes out? You are without phones....

^ with vonage power goes out , phone goes out, unless you run a battery backup youself. Timewarner if they are anything like comcast installs with a batteybackup

Yea if power goes out, we have no home phone. Time Warner doesn't install battery backup. Luckily I have a cell phone.

go with voip from the local cable company this is why

vonage and the others run on you current internet connection and slow you way down

cable runs on a seperate channel and wont slow you down has battery back up and local customer service

Back