Vortech Turbo ???? 89 civic JDM B16a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BLACKMARKETOC

Hi i just purchased a 89 civic hatch. It has a Vortech Turbo kit with intercooler. Its running on a JDM B16A. My ? is, is a Virtech turbo good or bad. Its only pushing 5lbs of boost, witch and don't know if its right with a stock b16a. Im not sure and any help would be great. I have tried to look up the turbo online but just keep getting Vortech superchargers??? Also whats a good time to set the turbo timer at. Its a blitz tt...Thanks

never heard of a Vortech turbo.. and 5lbs of boost is making me think its a supercharger

i know the Vortech SC looks like a turbo system..

does it look like this?

img-119-0-xlarge.jpg

yup thats a turbo, but it just might be set a 5psi but you can always up the boost but i wouldnt go over 7psi without suporting mods

Im wondering how i can tell what kind it is, or how big. Its pretty tucked in there as you can see from the pictures not much room. The person who sold it to me said it was a vortech. But i did not know vortech made turbo's. Also i get back fires sometimes mostly when i let off the gas (only once in the while). is that bad??? thanks

well ive never heard a turbo car that didnt back fire so i think thats normal,, but its probly a t25 or a t 3/ t4 turbo it should say on the side of the turbo what it is

Back