Votes: 0 0.0%
  • subby STi

• nissan skyline R33 GTS-T

• bmw 330

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
these are what i'm torn between right now...

what i want-

AWD is a plus. 240 + snow = bad.
and the main goal of the car is to keep it stock or near stock- and be HAPPY with its performance.

my buddy has an evo, and i drove it.. not bad. the pep would be enough for me to aily drive. I don't like the gas to brake pedal clearence though... i wear size 12 shoes... and well, it was a pain getting my foot in there.
seats hold me REAL well. love them. i want them in my honda.

sti, 330, and s4, i haven't driven yet, but since they both have similar/more power than the evo, i think i'll be happy with its performance.

i don't think i'd ever be able to test drive an r33. lol

im looking to spend 25-35k tops i think. a couple years used is perfectly fine by me.

mike said, r33... and while yeah thegts-t us-speced is in this price range, its only RWD and i dunno... its just a big hassel, and then insuring it.. and then, driving on the wrong side of the road for a dialy driver, will, well, suck. i wont be able to park it anywhere with out it getting stared at, touched, or stolen.

i know we've had these things before... but im just looking for suggestions.

get the skyline so you can go through drive-thru's in reverse. i voted for the STI. i like the evo but from the bottom of the windows up to the roof it looks funny for some reason.

only YOU can figure out what car YOU want

If its going to be your everyday none modded car thats good for year round

you cannot beat the germans

Plus most people I know think the STI/EVO is still a kids car. if you want to impress a chick show up in a BMW or Audi =) however if you want to give people like Rev8K a hardon get the STI/EVO

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 13 2004, 05:16 PM
only YOU can figure out what car YOU want

If its going to be your everyday none modded car thats good for year round

you cannot beat the germans

Plus most people I know think the STI/EVO is still a kids car. if you want to impress a chick show up in a BMW or Audi =) however if you want to give people like Rev8K a hardon get the STI/EVO

:lol: :lol:

I am an any car guy, just some cars get me off more than others. I'd pimp every single car choice he has, but my next car will be an Evo.

Im just making the point that EVO/STI is a car aimed at 15-22 maybe at oldest 25 yearolds.

People see a STI they think wow he's one of them 2F2F guys. Same goes for the EVO.
Now if you pull up somewhere in a Audi or BWM trust me I know from experince that IT WILL turn almost EVERY head thats around, not only to look at the car, but when you get out they will look at you as you walk into the store.

If you drive an STI once you step outside the car you will have 3 little kids run up to you and hump your leg like 90% of the guys on this board do when they see a girls name used as a username.

i dont know your preferences all that well, but i personally dont like the evo8 at all. a friend of mine and myself test drove one and it felt like it was gonna fall apart. :shrug2:

STIs are neat and everything but they're so obnoxious looking.

i dont really care for that BMW...

the idea of driving a skyline is ridiculous...:drool: but not being able to test drive one is a big minus in my opinion...

...so i voted for the S4.

i say go for the S4. :thumbsup:

i agree with jeffie saying that the STI/EVO's are stereotyped as a kids car. overall the audi and the bmw just have more class; and im sure that's what your going for.

i voted audi.

unforuntely, being the EVO lover i am, i could not buy an evo 8. i could be given one, though. B)

I voted for the STi...but I think a regular WRX would be better. No "Fast and Furious" comments from everyone, and less leg humping.

Originally posted by CFweave@Jun 13 2004, 07:02 PM
I voted for the STi...but I think a regular WRX would be better. No "Fast and Furious" comments from everyone, and less leg humping.

Thats why if I bought an STI or EVO it would be the basic package with no rear wing or out there goodies just a basic 4 door car with a motor =) either way its still a cheap ass car "how its built/parts they use" I think they are over priced being 29K

I voted Evo.....but if you are thinking about getting the Skyline keep in mind how much money it will cost you if something breaks...

STi

I've driven both the STi and Evo- not just driven, beat on them pretty hard- and I like the STi better. The only thing you might have to do is swap out the seats (wiiiiiiide), but that's really easy.

Get the STi, swap the hood and trunk, go front mount and run I/DP/E- you can be pushing 300-350whp easy on the stock turbo. It's a blast to drive- trust me. The Evo feels a little more precise, but the STi's limits are just as high- and the engine doesn't feel wimpy like the Evo.

That's just my impression. :lol:

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Jun 13 2004, 08:20 PM
IMO, I would look @ the last model M3. Lighter than S4, NA engine and still beats out the new S4....But that shit is a more costly.

m3 and audi turn out to be around the same price, m3 might even be a lil cheaper. but he isnt looking for rwd

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 13 2004, 09:05 PM
STi

I've driven both the STi and Evo- not just driven, beat on them pretty hard- and I like the STi better. The only thing you might have to do is swap out the seats (wiiiiiiide), but that's really easy.

Get the STi, swap the hood and trunk, go front mount and run I/DP/E- you can be pushing 300-350whp easy on the stock turbo. It's a blast to drive- trust me. The Evo feels a little more precise, but the STi's limits are just as high- and the engine doesn't feel wimpy like the Evo.

That's just my impression. :lol:

and im not looking to mod it either...

Back