Votes: 0 0.0%
  • subby STi

• nissan skyline R33 GTS-T

• bmw 330

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2003 Silverado SS Its awd, has leather, and a pimp interior, a good amount of hp and tq, and you can haul your car around with it.

Originally posted by micah@Jun 13 2004, 11:08 PM
wheres the 95 nsx option?
not awd or turbo
but pimp as shit

never really liked 'em.

yeah, its cool and all, but well, it will just get stolen. i want a dialy here folks.

jeef, i can't even drive a balzer- let alone a pick up. i'd do 35 on the highway all the time in somethign that big.

I voted for me to get into the FTP interface menu, and edit the poll so that it no longer exsits. I am leaning towards an 01-02 STi, AWD + turbo. No argument there. I have been looking at a few myself actually, for within the next year so the sol can go under the knife without having to worry about it as a daily driver.

Keep in mind the EVO has a "big brother" type system in it that Mitsu can monitor. If it ever goes to the track, and gets fucked, you're fucked. Warranty = void. (Which in my opinion is bullshit, you don't put out a 300 hp car with boost, and expect it NOT to be taken to a track of some sort. There are many other grocery getters cheaper than that.)

As Jeff said, go out and test drive them. Having a Skyline is a pipedream right now man. I'm not voting. If you pick a car based what we think, you are a tool.

Haven't we had this conversation with you like, 4 times in the past year ?

Get a Skyline. Why? Because you need heads to turn when you drive. You crave it.

I can tell you that merely having one car for sport, and another for "utility" makes good sense, you'll feel good about the decision year round, and you'll be able to make one car happy, instead of 2.

my GF has the MR2 SC, and the Tracker. Both get great economy (The tracker gets 30 mpg+), she's not afraid to leave it in a parking lot, and it requires little to no attention from her. Then, she can pour the effort into one car.

I have the 4Runner, and while I didn't run it last winter I can tell you that the convertible top, the offroad fun (I enjoy offroading as much, if not more than on-road performance) and it's rather o.k. 4 cylinder makes it a great all year car. (It also gets 28 mpg). Neither of these are fast, but the 4Runner is exciting. Alas, the 4Runner is one of those vehicles that beg for money. I have to make it higher, add more lights, and add lots of electronics. Something about it.

But I would say that the 240sux will give you the pleasure of track days, Drift, auto-x and it's very meet-worthy. Beyond that, get something that will not take away from the Datsun, but will free you up to do whatever you want to the sports car.

The Del Sol is a good car. Yours looks incredible, has a parts list that makes people cry, and is overall a great car .... to sell. Not trying to knock the Slo, but it's obvious that you didn't get any real pleasure from the car.

Get some good on gas, low focus kind of car that you can tool around to work in, and has even part-time 4WD. Then give it up for the SX. You seemed to enjoy Drift, and you can't drift with the Sol.

-> Steve

B, even if you're not looking to mod it, the STi is great stock. It just gets super crappy gas mileage. If you want heads to turn (in a good way), get the S4.

I voted EVO... too much potential to just let it sit there.

If I had it all to do over again, just to be happy, I'd sell the Civic and the Mustang, and never would have bought a truck, but I'da just bought an EVO with a BIG down payment for the vehicle... Daily driver to the nth degree.

I say S4 but just because I love those cars, I already know my next car has to be an A4 1.8t quattro. I forgot who it was but someone else was right, only you can pick whats best for you.

Originally posted by Havok@Jun 13 2004, 11:08 PM
I voted for me to get into the FTP interface menu, and edit the poll so that it no longer exsits. I am leaning towards an 01-02 STi, AWD + turbo. No argument there.

01-02 STi? Gonna import it from JDMland?

The S4 has been my top choice for a while, but fact is, i've never even been in one, let alone driven one.

maybe i'll have to go to the audi dealership sometime this week, dressed all nice and sporting th emoney clip with the hundred on the inside and outside, and packed with singles inbetween :D :D :D

Yeah, I've been thinking of using that trick to see if the local honda dealer would let me drive an s2000 :D (btw, I'm only 18, so I don't know if they would normally)

Oh yeah, back on topic, I voted for the STi because well, Subaru makes good cars, and 300 AWD Turbo hp is a HELLA lot of fun. I personally like the way they look, at least the new ones without the shitty roundass headlights. Do what someone else did and make it look like a normal sedan (new trunk without the big wing).

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 14 2004, 07:59 AM
The S4 has been my top choice for a while, but fact is, i've never even been in one, let alone driven one.

maybe i'll have to go to the audi dealership sometime this week, dressed all nice and sporting th emoney clip with the hundred on the inside and outside, and packed with singles inbetween :D :D :D

The S4 is very very nice, trust me. The interior quality is definitely better than the STi. It's not as fast, but it's still a badass turbo AWD car. If you are willing to mod it, you can still get a good amount of extra power out of the stock turbos.

One of my friends has an S4- he's only done suspension and brake upgrades so far, but it's damn nice and still hauls ass.

I voted on the BMW 330xi. I've driven a regular RWD 330 and I love that car! It's quite fast and the interior is superb! Besides, the BMW just oozes class :)

I smoked 2 S4's, i am not impressed with them at all.....they are weak sauce.....i use to think those cars were the bomb .....I beat one off the line...and one on I-84.....he couldn't even get on the side of me on the highway...the other was a short race through southington from a redlight.....for a bi tubro those cars a fuggin weak....I'm sure they handle good and its nice to have AWD..but i wasn;t impressed with how fast they are..unless you can do some tweaking.....

Back