Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I don't Care

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Go Independent

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If cali broke off and levied taxes against its trade out the rest of the US would be fucked. We're talking 8th largest economy in the world large.

how do you figure?

cali can't sustain itself.... how are they helping the rest of the country?

They do business only because they are a port of call for asian goods. That can easily be moved to portland or seattle/etc.

Exactly, Cali would bankrupt itself in a month. It's a total welfare state propped up by federal tax revenue.

how do you figure?

cali can't sustain itself.... how are they helping the rest of the country?

They do business only because they are a port of call for asian goods. That can easily be moved to portland or seattle/etc.

In 2008, when measured as a percentage of GDP, California had the 6th highest tax burden of the fifty states and has contributed on average well over 3.65 billion dollars per year for the last twenty years into the federal treasury than it has received in Federal services in return.

Tip of the iceberg, looking at just basics. Their agricultural output alone is 2x any other state in the union. They exported more food by air then 23 other states did in the union. I'm not even going to bother explaining anything else on this.

I know ya'll like to hate on california, but its plain ignorance to say it isn't a great assett to this country.

The second that goods cost more from cali... it creates opportnity for other areas to become start-ups in agriculture at a price they can compete with.

theres nothing exclusive to cali. everything grown there CAN be grown elsewhere.

song-chart-memes-puerto-rico.jpg

Tip of the iceberg, looking at just basics. Their agricultural output alone is 2x any other state in the union. They exported more food by air then 23 other states did in the union. I'm not even going to bother explaining anything else on this.

I know ya'll like to hate on california, but its plain ignorance to say it isn't a great assett to this country.
The Cali haters on this site love to keep their blinders up.

The second that goods cost more from cali... it creates opportnity for other areas to become start-ups in agriculture at a price they can compete with.

theres nothing exclusive to cali. everything grown there CAN be grown elsewhere.
We have the best wine, we have google and facebook and lovely weather. Only our politics are shit and if we became our own nation, I would move to Texas in hopes they become their own nation too.

:p

Highway 1 is the most amazing road i have yet to experience (drove the entire length north to south)
look forward to driving it again

Sure, there's some nice things in cali, but there's nothing that would cause life as we know it to cease if it weren't here.

no wine? ok, get a bottle from france.
no oranges? ok, get some from florida.
no rte 1? oh well, drive another scenic road somewhere else.
no google? ok, so i'll spend a few more min a day trying to find stuff with bing and hotmail
no facebook? oh knows! how will i ever stalk girls!?!?!?!?!?!

life would be different but honestly, it might just be for the better. lo

Highway 1 is the most amazing road i have yet to experience (drove the entire length north to south)
look forward to driving it again

Hwy 1 is damn nice. I drove a stretch near Silicon Valley.

Hwy 108 through Yosemite is incredible as well.

I got to drive a bit through the mountains of Japan (I think this is the stretch of 512 I drove part of), and they were actually quite equal.

Last edited:
Love Hwy1 and happy to have it in my backyard. :)

Back