vss pin not spinning.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stormy96

okay i have posted another topic about my speedometer not working. i have a 95 integra rs with a h22a out of a 1994 honda prelude swapped in it. i finialy hunted down the source of my problem.
with the vss gear assembly if you look at the gear on the transaxle in the transmission is that gear supposed to be able to move side to side? if i spin the wheel for the car the gear turn but it moves back and forth on the shaft. so basicly the two gears are not messing together. when i take a left turn the gear slides into place and my speedo works. as soon as i straighten out they dont mesh anymore. does anyone know where i should start? i spun the gear assembly for vss and everything there is okay. its just the gar in the transmission. do i have to pull the trany out? please help. i need my speedometer so vtec will work.

i dont think that gear is supposed to move back and forth, only spin... are your axles in tight/properly?

thats what i was thinking. i lookd closer and it looks like the teeth are worn down also. anyone know what this part is called? link to one please

20ijo77.png

is it the part marked "6" that you are referring to... the gear on the end of this
h22speedsensor1.jpg

or
the gear inside the tranny that it meshes to?

if it is the gear in the pic then that i believe is called the "speedometer drive gear"
as far as the one in the tranny that it meshes with... not sure the name or if it is available

Back