1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vss pin not spinning.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stormy96, Oct 9, 2011.

1. stormy96

stormy96 New Member

okay i have posted another topic about my speedometer not working. i have a 95 integra rs with a h22a out of a 1994 honda prelude swapped in it. i finialy hunted down the source of my problem.
    with the vss gear assembly if you look at the gear on the transaxle in the transmission is that gear supposed to be able to move side to side? if i spin the wheel for the car the gear turn but it moves back and forth on the shaft. so basicly the two gears are not messing together. when i take a left turn the gear slides into place and my speedo works. as soon as i straighten out they dont mesh anymore. does anyone know where i should start? i spun the gear assembly for vss and everything there is okay. its just the gar in the transmission. do i have to pull the trany out? please help. i need my speedometer so vtec will work.

2. stormy96

stormy96 New Member

anyone?

3. stormy96

stormy96 New Member

does anyone know? i have gotten more help about this car on snowmobilefanatics.com thats pretty sad....

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i dont think that gear is supposed to move back and forth, only spin... are your axles in tight/properly?

5. stormy96

stormy96 New Member

yes. the axles are in fine.

6. luky1380

luky1380 New Member

needs to take trany apart this gear not suppose to be sliding

7. stormy96

stormy96 New Member

thats what i was thinking. i lookd closer and it looks like the teeth are worn down also. anyone know what this part is called? link to one please

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

[​IMG]

is it the part marked "6" that you are referring to... the gear on the end of this
    [​IMG]

or
    the gear inside the tranny that it meshes to?

if it is the gear in the pic then that i believe is called the "speedometer drive gear"
    as far as the one in the tranny that it meshes with... not sure the name or if it is available

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted