vtec always on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwerpk

Idk if this would work but even though you wouldnt have any low end power could you put a b16 head on a b18a block use a stock ls ecu hook vtec up all the time and turn the fuel pressure up with a fpr? how would it run, would the timing be too far off? just running it like that untill you get a vtec ecu in the car.

If you're going to spend the money to do an LS/VTEC conversion why skimp out on the ECU?

No it would not work that would be a very bad idea.

wasent sure... i have everything laying here and a chipped p75 thats gonna goto waste but i guess ill just wait untill i can get a vtec ecu and chip it...just wonderin if wnyone out there has tried it.

You could hook up an RPM activated switch to trigger VTEC.. but the fuel maps will probably be way off on that ECU.

Yea thats what i was worried about and i was wondering if i could just turn the fuel pressure up to run in vtec all the time and have vtec on all the time but it dosent sound like too good of an idea

Do it correctly or there are two words in your near future. Ka. Boom.

yeah really. sell your P75 and and invest on a pw0 (obd 0) or p28(obd 1)

obd 0 ecus are a dime a dozen and cheap. Its the p28's that you have to hunt down for a good price. Not to mention a virgin one

He said he has a chipped p75, it is very simple to convert them to vtec and put a new chip in it with a map appropriate to an ls/vtec setup. Check out phearable.net, i got my chipped p03 from him for my b16 swap in my ek. Then i bought my neptune rtp from him and never had any problems. My chip ran great!

Back