Vtec and possible wiring problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cashen

So I just got a car that has a B16A bottom end with a GSR head and YS1 tranny. But driving it around I only notice the cam switch lobes some of the time. It doesn't seem like the vtec is kicking in when it's suppose to all the time. and the ecu makes a buzzing noise at certain throttle positions(gear dependent it seems like). I got down and checked out the ecu and it's a stock GSR ecu. The wiring doesn't look all that great though, lots of electrical tape and splices. Is there anyway to check the wiring with a multimeter? and if that's not it then I'll know it's either the oil pressure or the silinoid. Thanks. Any help on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

I would probably start by cleaning up the wiring. Redo the wiring correctly and see if that fixes your problems.

Either way you dont want splices held w/ electrical tape, it will dry out and cause shorts and/or fires.

Also, if anyone knew a website with wiring diagrams or a place I could get the service manuel it would be much appreciated. I looked at the ones in the tech section but they don't show the schematics.

Quoted post[/post]]
Also, if anyone knew a website with wiring diagrams or a place I could get the service manuel it would be much appreciated. I looked at the ones in the tech section but they don't show the schematics.

I think autozone.com has electrical schematics.

Back