1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vtec and possible wiring problems

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by cashen, May 25, 2006.

1. cashen

cashen Junior Member

So I just got a car that has a B16A bottom end with a GSR head and YS1 tranny. But driving it around I only notice the cam switch lobes some of the time. It doesn't seem like the vtec is kicking in when it's suppose to all the time. and the ecu makes a buzzing noise at certain throttle positions(gear dependent it seems like). I got down and checked out the ecu and it's a stock GSR ecu. The wiring doesn't look all that great though, lots of electrical tape and splices. Is there anyway to check the wiring with a multimeter? and if that's not it then I'll know it's either the oil pressure or the silinoid. Thanks. Any help on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

2. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

I would probably start by cleaning up the wiring. Redo the wiring correctly and see if that fixes your problems.

Either way you dont want splices held w/ electrical tape, it will dry out and cause shorts and/or fires.

3. cashen

cashen Junior Member

Also, if anyone knew a website with wiring diagrams or a place I could get the service manuel it would be much appreciated. I looked at the ones in the tech section but they don't show the schematics.

4. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

I think autozone.com has electrical schematics.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted