1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VTEC and rev limit early...

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by OBD0SiR, Oct 9, 2008.

1. OBD0SiR

OBD0SiR New Member

I have a 91 cive hatch with a b16. its runnin on a pr3 (not chipped, i already checked). The problem is that vtec is engaging at 4500 and its hittin th "limiter" at 7200-7600...and it tops out at 115 which is about 6900...i am so confused. There are no CELs, the valves are perfectly adjusted. good spark...timing is a bit advanced but nothing major. all plugs, sensors, and connectors are correct. oil level is full. what could it be. I am completely stumped. OH, and BTW the vtec screen was checked and is spotless. and vtec doesnt seem to pull as hard as my old SI...thanks

2. f20cmx5

f20cmx5 New Member

I'd try a different ecu if I were you. Maybe one of your friends has one you could borrow.

3. ntenc1

ntenc1 New Member

are you using after market tach? If you are using the stock tach(gauges) it could be off!

4. OBD0SiR

OBD0SiR New Member

iave an aftermarket tach, and i know that it is not that far off if it is off at all. I dont know anyone with the same computer set up, but i will look into getting another one i suppose...thanks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted