vtec controller h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calmfornow

System Failure Racing
hey...i have a 91 accord lx with a jdm h22a swapped in. i have a speed limiter in the ecu at 110-115 i know i need a chip for that one, but i want to put a vtec controller in, because its a daily driver and my weekend "racer"...so i was talkin to some guy that i met at autozone and he said i can set vtec at 4 grand and it will be fine...just want to clarify that...its a stock for now h22a with an ignition coil (accell) and intake...just wondering and which kind should i get because i cant find my old one that i had on my old car i geuss that went to the junk yard with my old car

Why do you want to mess with the VTEC or the speed limiter? "Some guy you met at at Auto-Zone" is hardly an authority on tuning Hondas (unless he actually builds and tunes them for a living). Unless your motor is heavily modified I'd probably trust that Honda did their homework and set the VTEC engagement at an appropriate point. As for the speed limiter, it's kind of like the rev limiter. It's designed so you don't over-rev your engine. Unless you're running after-market cams and valve-train then I wouldn't bother with changing it...

werd.

no reason to change your vtec point. honda set it there for a reason.

and as for speed limiter, the limit is high enough. you shouldn't drive that fast anyways, and to reach that speed on a quarter mile, you will need a lot more mods.

thanks.....yea im doing a lot to this car soon enough, im custom doing the whole interior, painting it all black obviously new wheels and tires (old ones are screwed) and eventually lower compression pistons, and rings, intake manifold, header-back exhaust, and more but idk it wont be for a while and also i think it is my gas but not 100% sure i filled up at wawa (stupid mistake) after i filled up mile down the road there goes the CEL with the 23 knock sensor code shut it off and stayed off for a while, i got 5 bucks in my car today and 25 miles later it came back on ....think it could be just the shit gas wawa has to offer or na

Back