vtec controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hale97

hey guys im in th middle of building a ls vtec, and i heard someone say that instead of using a vtec ecu a vtec controller canbe used instead,i am just wondering if its true or not? or if its still recommended to used the ecu for the head(i have a 97 gsr head)

Well...

anybody??
VTEC controllers essentually tell the ecu when to engage VTEC, but the ecu has to be programed for VTEC. Otherwise the VTEC controller will tell the ecu nothing. So sadly, no it wont work. Seriously, save up the extra money for a Hondata system. You can tell it anything you want to do.

hey guys im in th middle of building a ls vtec, and i heard someone say that instead of using a vtec ecu a vtec controller canbe used instead,i am just wondering if its true or not? or if its still recommended to used the ecu for the head(i have a 97 gsr head)

anybody??

If you're building an LS/VTEC and considering using a piggyback hack to run the engine then I'd imagine it's probably a piss poor build...

well i wasnt considering it i wanted to know if it was a sutable alternative. and i asked so i dont make this a piss poor build.

I wouldn't consider it, just run a VTEC ECU and/or get a chipped/converted ECU. VTEC will still engage with a VTEC controller but fuel and timing will not be optimized for that secondary cam profile.

Back