Vtec Controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver_vti

is a vtec controller a good buy?

what improvements could i have with it? <_< :( :ph34r: :spin: :blink: :D

i hate fields. they all break/stop working.
Chets did, Bill's did, and countless others I know that aren't on this site.
get the apex'i

Outside of the realm of performance tuning (in which it excells) a vtec controler'll aid emissions testing and long trip fuel economy.
Is the vafc as good as the safc at fuel control? (i.e. dsm 450s & t3/t4 helper)

performance tuning? with all do respect- give me a break. At best, its for making QUICK on the fly adjustments.

I guess it wouldnt be a power adder but it helps cause then you can tune your VTEC engagements so you can get the power of vtec

Originally posted by Zoarette-racing+Mar 7 2003, 05:49 AM-->
I guess it wouldnt be a power adder but it helps cause then you can tune your VTEC engagements so you can get the power of vtec
The air/fuel is more useful in the tuning,though vtec engagement plays a big part in power also.

heterosapian Posted on Mar 6 2003
@ 10:54 AM
Is the vafc as good as the safc at fuel control? (i.e. dsm 450s & t3/t4 helper)
They both do the same thing,with the exception of vtec control.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 6 2003, 08:57 AM
performance tuning? with all do respect- give me a break. At best, its for making QUICK on the fly adjustments.

depends on your mods, i saw great improvments with "performance tuning" on the vafc. not everyone needs a hondata, tecIII, aem ems, etc...

I've always liked my Hondata works well for changing vtec point... it also runs about the same price as Apex-I's units then again for some reason people think hondata cost an arm and a leg I paid 325 or 350 installed with the program of choice and I can also change rev limit, vtec point, shift light, and for about 5 mins of my shops time I can change my program to a Teg Type R or run a stock SI or or or...

Back