vtec doesnt feel like it is hitting hard enough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95silverprelude

Ok well every vtec car i have been in vtec hits harder then in my h22, even a b16. I have rode in a 5th gen prelude and vtec hits harder then in mine. I have an h22a and vtec hits a 6k which makes it a little smoother but it seems like it should be hitting harder. Like last night on the highway i was in 3rd just messing around and at like an 1/8 throttle and just let the rpms creep up to where vtec hits and when vtec engaged the car slowed down like the motor was under more load until i gave it full throttle. Car has plenty of oil, the solenoid has been cleaned tons of times, and oil the pressure is good. Could it just be that i might need to buy another solinoid.

You want a smooth engagement, you dont want it to "hit" VTEC isnt supposed to slam you back into your seat, it just helps to widen the power band. On the single cams you can barely tell when it engages.

Ok well every vtec car i have been in vtec hits harder then in my h22, even a b16. I have rode in a 5th gen prelude and vtec hits harder then in mine. I have an h22a and vtec hits a 6k which makes it a little smoother but it seems like it should be hitting harder. Like last night on the highway i was in 3rd just messing around and at like an 1/8 throttle and just let the rpms creep up to where vtec hits and when vtec engaged the car slowed down like the motor was under more load until i gave it full throttle. Car has plenty of oil, the solenoid has been cleaned tons of times, and oil the pressure is good. Could it just be that i might need to buy another solinoid.

i have had two h22 in cars ive owned before and vtec inguages at 5100-5300 in both of them 6 is a bit high i think is the ecu stock vtec is clearly noticable in both motors and it is a big difference. maybe the ecu is not stock? correct me if im wrong here guys

also take the weather in considerationoil cooling factors...try grounding yr vtec solenoid to the engine,it did somethin for me..i loved it

i have a 91 accord h22a vtec and it goes in hard, you feel it throw you a little bit...try cleaning the solenoid and check all your normal tune up needs (spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, ect....)

VTEC is supposed to "hit" or "k1ck 1n re4l JDM h4rd y0!" Its supposed to be a smooth crossover. VTEC isnt meant to be a huge power adder, and I know for a fact you cant feel it hear it, yes feel it, no, your ass dyno isnt calibrated. Its there to help broaden the power band at higher RPMs.

on my b20vtec i cant feel it... you can surely hear it loud and clear but the pull is smooth throughout.

i used to have a "chipped" b16a years ago and that thing had a drastic snap when vtec engaged, which makes me tend to think it varies with the engine and the tune.

efhondakid, it's amazing how many times you have to say something aint it?

VTEC is not supposed to kick/hit/snap or jolt. Just transition smoothly. It does not vary. A factory engine and tune does not kick like the noobs think it should. If it's doing that, time for a tune. Please do not just buy a VTEC controller, as this really is a half ass way of doing it proper.

I have an eg with a jdm h22a, and I don't care wat any one says you can feel the vtec, yes its smooth but u feel it pull a bit harder, you can call me a noob but I also had a crx wit a b16 and u felt it too, I'm just callin it as I see it, or feel it. But my h22 hits vtec at 5300, idk about that the whole 6grand thing but maybe that's why your not feelin it as good. But my h22 does the same thing wen u try to slowly go intp vtec, it feels like it just wants to be punched.

I have an eg with a jdm h22a, and I don't care wat any one says you can feel the vtec, yes its smooth but u feel it pull a bit harder, you can call me a noob but I also had a crx wit a b16 and u felt it too, I'm just callin it as I see it, or feel it. But my h22 hits vtec at 5300, idk about that the whole 6grand thing but maybe that's why your not feelin it as good. But my h22 does the same thing wen u try to slowly go intp vtec, it feels like it just wants to be punched.

No one said that VTEC wouldn't make a difference in the power output. We're saying that it shouldn't be an abrupt transition that you can actually feel (i.e. it shouldn't "jerk you into your seat" or anything like that)...

In that case yea, u shouldn't be jerked at all. Like I said its smooth but you feel the pull, my bad I should have read slower, I'm partly retarted.

My H22a on stock chip pulled pretty noticeably...when I got it chipped (the second time) it was almost invisible, you could just hear the exhaust note change. At the strip the pull is kinda fun, but when my ET went from 10.2 to 9.8....I stopped caring about the "HIT" of VTEC.

The S2k's is almost invisible as well. I was in the 6-7k range a lot yesterday and never really noticed it.

i know it is supposed to be a smooth change and i know what vtec is and everything else, im just saying when i get up to 5200 rpm you feel it go in, not throw you in the seat fully but you feel it put you back, and obviously hear a huge change, and see a change, but like i said earlier, tune up and cleaning

Back