VTEC-E Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jipi

Hello Guys!!

I'm a new members in this forum. I come from Québec, Canada. My own language is French. ( Excuse me for the errors) . My question is: I have in my Civic 5G an D15Z1 Vtec-e engine. This Vtec engine makes only 92 hp. I would like to know why this Vtec engine doesn't produce more horsepower? Maybe this engine was build for fuel economy ?

I have an another question: I would like to increase my engine performance but I don't want spend a lot of money. Please give me your suggestions for my D15Z1 engine.

Thank you !!

You drive a VX, right?

The D15Z1's VTEC-E is unique in that below a certain RPM value, half of the intake valves stay closed to promote air/fuel swirling and great fuel economy. So, to answer your question, yes your motor is for fuel economy.

There's not much you can do to help this anemic little guy perform more. A swap is about your only really powerful option.

Pretty much all hondas are gas sipping econoboxes. What kind of money are you wanting to spend? Basic upgrades like a cold air intake and a performance exhaust would be a starting point.

i have a Honda Civic dx 2 door body. The engine blowed-off 2 years before. The last sellers put a Vx enginein my car.

So, if i understand well, I can't make a lot of things to increase the power.

<--- Had VX D15Z1, and no, there is no hope for it. Swap it out, don't waste money on little upgrades when you can put it towards a real motor.

grr....

okay, by my previous comment i didnt mean anything derrogatory, or to flame you or anything.

i was simply stating that a b-series would be your best bet. a b16 would be pretty much a direct bolt in for your car, and would be a LOT easier and faster than a d16.

:blink:

Back