1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vtec ecu running Non-Vtec engine?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Utrax42, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Utrax42

Utrax42 New Member

I have a P28 ecu and am wondering if it will run my non-vtec D15B7 engine? I have the ecu for the D15B7 but its for an Automatic, and my car is now set up for Manuel.
    I'm rebuilding my D16Z6 and need a temporary (4 weeks tops) engine. I tried some searches and I'm pretty sure it should work but I thought I'd ask before I start a swap. Thanks!

VrackLAtracK likes this.
  2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

it will run it,but it will run like garbage

3. aux

aux New Member

for real, someone please post a technically solid answer to this if possible. what is the difference between the 2 maps of the p28 and the p06? what happens when the engine reaches vtec engagement rpm, and the ecu squirts more fuel.. can the b7 head move it? or will it just go ultra-rich? someone who has done this please!!!

4. je power

je power New Member

just chip the ecu and you will be fine

5. aux

aux New Member

chip it? what chip with what map, ETC ETC

6. Utrax42

Utrax42 New Member

Ive been running my spoon chipped P28 in my non-vtech D15B7 and I haven't had any problems. It runs a little rough right when I start it but other than that, I Can't tell a single difference. It's been like a week and a half now, no problems. But my Distributor did just die on me. not at random, but most likely (99.9%) due to me attempting to install a tach, lol.

7. Rico_SoLowBoy

Rico_SoLowBoy New Member

D16y7 with y8 intake manifold, it's a non vtec engine, but I'm planning by next week to have a chipped vtec obd1 ecu. I'm hoping it works quicker Than a stock ecu

VrackLAtracK likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted