Vtec Engagement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RED93hatch

Ive heard of other ways to engage vtec and was wondering what those ways are? I have a d16y8 with a p28 and I cant get the vtec to work, I am using the y8 dis. and my tach doesnt work, would the dist. have something to do with my tach not working and thats maybe why my vtec doesnt work. Please help, Ive asked on other forums and havent got any info. I just changed the vss, also my hatch began as a dx auto. Do I have to do anything to get a ex cluster to work, like run any wires for the tach? HELP!!

Try adding a vtec controller...maybe obd1 dsitributor...I am in the process of putting the D16Y8 into my 1993 Civic CX hatch myself I purchased a Apex-i vtec controller for assurance of the vtec engaging correctly...but i have the OBD2 P2P ECU and found out i need the OBD1 p28 ECU which i havent located yet :(

i konw this is off topic but the other day my dad was driving my car and he set it so the vtec kicked in at 2200 and it was driven about 20 miles... did this hurt my car at all?

THanks

:cockblocked:

try your own thread yO!

it didn't hurt your car.. but i wouldn't make a habit of it.. the ECU was using the low cam maps to run the high cam and that wasn't supplying enough fuel

Is there a way that I could wire up the y8 dist. to run the tach, the guy who wired up the y8 ran a wire from one of the stock plugs for a dx dist to the y8. The y8 has only one plug for the dist and the dx had 2 plugs. Do I have to tap a wire into the y8 dist from the dx dist harness that isnt being used. If IO am confusing let me know and I will try and clarify Thanks.

Back