vtec engages late

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

floyd447

I have a 90 si hatchback with a b16a1 in it. The car runs strong, but vtec doesn't come on until about 6500 rpm. Is this a computer issue, or does any one have any suggestions for me to try?

I don't think that it is chipped, because I don't see any benefit to raising the vtec change over and the rev limiter is only at 8200. It has always changed over late even right after oil changes and I check the oil often, so I don't think that oil level is the cause.

I don't think that it is chipped, because I don't see any benefit to raising the vtec change over and the rev limiter is only at 8200. It has always changed over late even right after oil changes and I check the oil often, so I don't think that oil level is the cause.
maybe try a new solenoid??or a differant ecu

quick ?

Quick question? Sorry dont meen to get off topic but why is your rev limiter at 82?
My redline begins at 8 and it wont really even bounce off the needle? Im new to the whole honda thing

It's the pr3 ecu and I'm not sure if the rev limit is exactly at 8200 its just around there, and I have heard many places that that is where the stock limit should be. But one of my old cars had a pr3 ecu in it that i could run the needle all the way down to the end of the tach which I would assume is about 8600 or so and that ecu was stock to the best of my knowledge.

have you try a difrent one i dont think the distrubitor is gona afect the vtec check your conections in the selenoide and oil pressure

Back