vtec feels weak? b18c1 in 95 ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntegraB18LS

I pulled out my b18b1 with p30's the other night and swapped in a b18c1, i put on a new intake manifold (JG), clutch and ACT 12.5lb flywheel. Engine has about 70,000 miles, clean, good compression, starts up very quick and idles beautiful with absolutly no sounds. it is a 99 motor obd2, I used obd1 dizzy, obd1 injectors and my LS harness. I have so far swapped the map sensor, IAC (obd1), IAT, O2.

I put the b18c1 in, wired the vtec to the chassie harness and vtec worked but it seems really weak like you can bearly hear it kick on but it doesnt go any faster when it does kick on, but it is activating. so even though I am using a p28 i wired up the knock sensor and it still does the same thing. I tried a real spoon p30 and it still does the same thing. I know my b18b1 with jdm p30 pistons was faster and so does everyone else i let try it. It just feels like vtec is not kicking like it should and the engine does not sound like that scary vtec sound that every other dohc vtec sounds like. I pulled the vtec soliniod and it looks pretty clean.

What else should I check? Something has to be wrong, it feels slow. just for shits and giggles i raced my friend with a stock 2001 integra gsr and he beat me by a few car lengths, granted my rev limit is 7600 i am in a civic coupe with basic I/E and intake manifold (yes i know that is for high RPM, I am going turbo soon) So what do you guys suggest me trying/doing?

Thank you
Kyle

I guess a GSR ECU wouldn't do you any good now, hmmm...maybe try an ITR mapped ECU.

ecu problem, redline should be at 8k not 7600! just because your tach says that doesnt mean you cant go past it to the stock redline of the motor which is 8k. where did you get the motor? possibly has automatic cams if it is jdm.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@May 22 2005, 12:02 PM
ecu problem, redline should be at 8k not 7600! just because your tach says that doesnt mean you cant go past it to the stock redline of the motor which is 8k. where did you get the motor? possibly has automatic cams if it is jdm.
[post=502218]Quoted post[/post]​

Well like I said I am using a p28 from a 95 ex (d16z6) and the rev limit is 7600 the motor is USDM

also with the spoon p30 ecu I took it to 9000 and it pulled good right to it but vtec still doesnt feel like it is pulling like it should, You have to really listen to tell if it even kicks in, seems to kick in all the time but sometimes you can hardly hear it. I have no codes.

weird, chip the p28 then see how it feels. like i said it might have auto cams which would make it a little weaker.

A stock P28 is set up for a 1.6 SOHC. That, and you're probably losing power with that giant-ass intake manifold and no turbo. Put the right ECU on there and get rid of that propane tank (if you ARE going turbo, just save the damn manifold in your closet until you do).

Originally posted by civicious@May 22 2005, 01:26 PM
A stock P28 is set up for a 1.6 SOHC.
[post=502239]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but the spoon P30 I tried is for a Sir2, that is DOHC so I would think it would work better. even with a big intake manifold I would think I could atleast stay on the side of a completly stock GSR with my GSR powered civic.

it could be the ECU. try to run stock GSR ECU.. P30 is for b16, isn't it? i don't know.. check your vtec wires.. could be your soldering too, make sure it is solid..

Originally posted by doubleE@Jun 1 2005, 02:10 AM
it could be the ECU. try to run stock GSR ECU.. P30 is for b16, isn't it? i don't know.. check your vtec wires.. could be your soldering too, make sure it is solid..
[post=505826]Quoted post[/post]​

GSR ECU wants IAB signal, so a GSR ECU wouldn't be optimal since he has swapped the GSR IM which had the IABs :)

Jezus christ people are pissing me off today. Why is it that every time I open up a thread, it's some jerky asking "why isn't my motor faster? I didn't hook everything up, I'm throwing a cel, and my VTEC doesn't engage, but what's wrong with my car?"

A chipped p28 will run that motor FINE. Do you have any sort of tuning device? Probably not. Even still your motor is most likely slow because you have a bad cylinder or bad valve guides, or a bent valve, or something.

FUCKING DYNO IT!!!!!!

VTEC does not "kick in" with varying levels of power. There is no second VTEC. All VTEC is, is a cam lobe change. Either it works, or it doesn't. The reason your car isn't as loud as other B series is because of that fucking enormous IM.

BTW- of COURSE the B18 with the higher compression and more displacement was faster, it's fucking VTEC, not magic. Why didn't you just put the VTEC head on your B18 with the pistons?????? :slap:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jun 2 2005, 08:16 PM
Jezus christ people are pissing me off today. Why is it that every time I open up a thread, it's some jerky asking "why isn't my motor faster? I didn't hook everything up, I'm throwing a cel, and my VTEC doesn't engage, but what's wrong with my car?"

[post=506843]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha, I had this same rant the other day, feels good to let it out :)

:ph34r:

I just re-read what I wrote and now I feel bad.

Just not bad enough to edit it. :p

Seriously tho, if I read one more thread about someone with a check engine light on, that wants to know why his car is slow, I might have to throw my computer out the fucking window.

hey sohcslamer why isnt my car fast, i jus put in this motor and i'm trowing like 20 cels can u help me.............. there ya go now throw your computer out the window :D

Hey yeah, I definitely just put an RB26DETT in my Civic, and when I installed it, I had to remove something called an Idle Control Valve, and also a pesky Radiator to make room for it. I tried to start my car, and the check engine light came on! I plugged up the diagnostic machine and it got a code. I then checked the code and it means, "WHAT IN THE EVERLASTING NAME OF DONKEYFUCK ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR CAR"!!!

So yeah, Sohcslamer, might your ineffible wisdom help me to understand what is going on? (Oh yeah, now you're going to have to go outside, throw your computer back through your window, go inside, and throw it out again!! He he!)

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back