vtec head $$$

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pugarex

i went to bakersfield cali to get a gsr head for my ls and i asked him how much could he get me one for he said probably around 850 and then i asked how about for the b16 he said same price for both i had spoke to this same guy 2 months ago for the same thing and the b16 with or with out dizzy was 450 and gsr was 600 with or without dizzy. both were complete heads the only thin that could probably be missing is the dizzy. i just walked out and then he is trying to sell me these seats for 550 they were new w/ brackets and sliders for a crx and i have seen these things go for like 300 with everything i rather spend my money somewhere else. anyone been to jmk in bakersfield cali. they are crap cust service suck balls. i would probably pay the 850 for the gsr but not for the b16 what do you guys think.

money is not an issue but i dont want to get ripped off either.

check ebay...ive seen some go for cheap.....they usually come complete or just missing a dizzy and valve cover which ebay also sells....i would give a good week of searchin there and look here for listings....thats all i can really think of now

i will definetly NOT go to jmk to get some stuff its less expensive through a simple touch of a button. thanks

eg6sir hit me up if you need directions to this place. i wouldnt buy shit from them if i were you. they have a lot of goodies and its tempting when you are there.

they have:

turbos
turbo manifolds and headers
intercoolers
shit load of cam gears
vtec heads
you name it they have it if not they will get it for you but for a BIG price.
youre gamble!!!!

Heh. I've seen B16 and GSR heads going for $500-$600 complete, here in Colorado. If that guy is fluctuating that much on his price, I would be a little iffy on buying from him. Check out H-T too, they usually have quite a few heads for sale.

I saw a GSR head complete posted locally recently for something like $400, I'll try and find the ad and get it to you.

I paid $380 for my B16 head, $50 for ITR valve springs/retainers, $85 for clean/mill/valve job [10 thousandths], $135 for full topend gasket kit (new valve seals installed)...

I was offered $600 + ship for my B16 head which is tapped/sealed for LSVTEC and has the ITR vs/retainers installed and is all clean and pretty.

But, Im with MikeBergy, I wouldnt spend more than $3-400 on a B16 head in GOOD shape.

Back