VTEC hook-up, where???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Todasi

Call me crazy, but where do I plug in the vtec?

I only have one plug on the vtec solenoid (1 wire), where is the other :eek:???
Isn't there supposed to be two connections on the vtec unit? Solenoid and oil pressure? Below the vtec unit is the TW sensor correct?

e81a0013.jpg

e81a002a.jpg

I'm getting error code 19? and 22. Its a B16a SiR II into a 92 Civic CX

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This swap sure isn't like the swap I did back in '99, wow, that was 8 years ago :eek:

Found it!
JDM 96+ DOHC VTEC engines do not have a vtec pressure switch on the solenoid. So, you can do a couple of things. either run a jumper wire from A4 and D6, or you can buy a vtec oil pressure switch and tap into the recess on the vtec unit where it should be and then plug in your plug.

it should just plug right up because all civics in 1992 came wired for vtec

Correct, but the wire is already run...there is no place to plug it into on the vtec unit.....my B16a doesn't have the vtec pressure sensor. So the the plug just hangs there with no place to plug in, and my ECU is looking for a signal....so I get error code 22.

Result is, I have to do what I described above in the 2nd post to fix the problem.

error code 19 means you have ECU for automatic transmission car

That's what I'm thinking. Anything I can do? Does it matter I got stuck with an auto ECU? BTW, for those who want to know, I bought this swap from Osaka in Canada.....they suck:mad:

Back