VTEC in 3rd gen lude??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do you know how much effort it is to make the conversion? ... i nevere said it couldnt be done.. just want people to know that it is NOT a direct bolt on proccess...

yeah my friend went over it with me step by step and its sounds hella hard but he worked at a machine shop so thats how he was able to do it. but do i need to rewire the dizzy and if so how do i find out how to do so?

What ECU are you using? How are you controlling VTEC?

You need a VTEC ECU, an ECU jumper harness depending on which year/model prelude you have; added, you will also need the OBD1 Distrbuor that fits on the b16 head.

All Fuel Injected 3rd gen preludes have and OBD1 Distributor -- FUEL INJECTED ONLY.... --- Yes, the OBD0 PK2 ECU uses an OBD1 distributor. :ph34r:

well i have a obd0 Pr3 ECU and i do have a obd1 dizzy but i was going to use a obd0 dizzy because i thought it was obd0. so what dizzy should i use?

You said you have a 91 Si right... NOT the 2.0Si ...

If so, you car is already OBD1; DITCH the OBD0 PR3, and pickup a P28 or any other CHIPABLE OBD1 ECU. Use an OBD1 Distributor, your going to need to change the plugs on the Prelude wiring harness to the OBD1 Plugs that the Newer OBD1 Distributor uses. To change the plugs... match the wire colors, ... thats all there is to it... Also, get a Dist cap for the new OBD1 Dist that is for use with an External Ignition Coil because that is what the preldue uses.

If you think your going to have a hard time with the MINOR wiring task of changing the Plug ends, to match the new Dist, then your are going to have a HELL of a time wiring up the Internal Ign Coil on the new Disrtibutor. Get a Cap for an External Coil, and save your self the extra headache ... Plug and play.

Any more info you need?

Back