Vtec In A 78?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crypticcivic

i have a 78 civic 1200. i am putting a d16z6 engine into it. anyone on this site ever done one of these hints would be help ful. like now im using the 95 engine with a d16a6 tranny. will those axles fit the hubs or will the 78 axles fit the tranny. thanks.

also would anyone have any rims for this thing. it is 4 by 120

thanks
jason

It would probably be worth your while to put the Hydro tranny in and fab the lines, pedals, and all. If not a ZC tranny or 88-91 CRX/Civic Si tranny. Much better ratios for the higher reving Z6. Does the Motor work with the stock mounts?

Hey man...its really not worth the hassle!!!
first off ou have to move the mounts, then change all the wiring...its alot of work!!
I was looking for a first gen or a second gen and do the same with it...but i decided differently...and i'm not a lazy person

thats easy not much fab, my old 72 cvcc had a b16 in it, this was the only was i could have gotten around SMOG...THIS was mad fabrication and i installed obd1 wiring and everything into the cvcc..it was sick too and hauled ass it just got SCARY after like 100mph but i sold it so i dont have any pics of the car..i probly have one or two of the motor in the car but i have to look... if ur in CA look for a 74 and odler cvcc if not why r ugoing to waste your time?..i made my setup cuz of smog rules here in cali....

Back