vtec in my 90 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AcuraAddict

well, i lost my baby. a 92 ls when some idiot decided to try to beat me across my lane. i showed her though. i decided to try again with another 90 ls and after a week i found out it had a lot more problems than i first realised. i want to put a vtec in it and am looking for some suguestions as to what to do. i am not to fimiluar with all the engine codes. i know that some of them came with a 1.7 vtec but i havent been able to find one. and i think the only diffrence between that and my 1.8dohc is the vtec heads. but why is the displacment different? or is it actualy a diffrent block? im looking for any possible choices i have to put in it. i know some of these stock vtecs can go for far beyond my budget, but my main concern is power, and ease of instilation as well as price. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do? any info at all will be helpfull. also if anyone knows a good company to go through that would help too. i do work in the car buisness (paint) but alot of the mechanical stuff is a complete mystery to me. sorry bout the long post but i really need some advice on this. thanks

the "1.7 L" is a b17 gsr. Its a very hard find but will bolt right in. if your on a budget get another LS (b18a1). They're not exactly the first choice when it comes time to swap but it'll do fine, if you want more power later... turbo it.

B16a1 long block is always a cheap way to go. usually go for 7-800 shipped to your door. got one in my teg. Another B18a at a local junkyard is probably 4-500 dollars, but with alot of miles.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 8 2003, 11:32 AM
B16a1 long block is always a cheap way to go. usually go for 7-800 shipped to your door. got one in my teg. Another B18a at a local junkyard is probably 4-500 dollars, but with alot of miles.

:werd: go w/ the b16a1 longblock and youll be happy!

Originally posted by LeanMeanMarine@Dec 8 2003, 12:12 PM
never head of this being done but you could always do some RESEARCH.

SEARCH N00B

I think you should restate that in a better way. I know your telling him to search, but to the untrained eye it sounds like you've never heard of the b16 teg swap.

I understand, but it's sarcasm.

REVISION : ACURAADDICT SEARCH

That better?

Back