VTEC in non VTEC engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

buggaboo99355

is it possible to get a VTEC controller in a F22a1 Series engine with an auto trans.

if so can someone guide me trough it

*what to buy

*how much $$$

*what kind of wiring

*where i need to wire (ECU and shit)

you can't control what you don't have....

what you'd want to get, would be an SAFC. basically, the same thing as a vtec controller, but without the vtec functions.

But really, you're wasting your time with either of them.

the first thing you shoudl be thinking about is a manual conversion or a new car thats a 5spd to dump money into.

Auto's are fine, but realize it needs work to be competitive. If you're serious about modding your F22 auto, be ready to dump some big money to go fast and have a realiable auto tranny.

ok. so what kind of steps will i have to take to get a reliable fast auto trans.

Torque converter for sure! I'm not sure how that Accord auto's shifting is, but usually it's a hydrosystem upgrade. check out levelten.com! That's where I'm getting my Matrix auto built up.

Do you have a tranny cooler on it? That dramatically improved the shifting response on mine. That and I switch from the OE fluid to either AMSOIL or Redline synth. auto fluid. AND, added a qt. of B&M synth. Trick Shift.

Good luck, auto's are fun too, don't fall into the hype that only 5speeds are worth modding.

if u really want VTEC that bad for your SOHC non-VTEC f22....get a VTEC head off of A 94-97 SOHC VTEC accord f22b2 and swap it on. thats the cheapest way to get VTEC on that motor. and you can still keep ur auto tranny!!!!

Back