vtec is not working!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ponykillerh22

boostless and proud!
My friend has a 2000 si with a b18c5 swap and his vtec does not engage at all. I told him to clean the solenoid and check it by putting the wire to the battery to here the click and it did, and it was clean. Me and him both are totally clueless on what's goin on with it. Any help would be great.

How does he know? VTEC usually engages around 4,500'ish rpm's and should really not be felt when everything is running well from my experience. How is his vtec juice? Is it low? VTEC juice = Oil, by the way.

His oil is fine, but you don't here it. I have a jdm h22 in my hatch and the only thing done to it is a full exhaust, and I destroy his car. You any where and u see videos of b18c5s keeping up with h22s if not beeting them, I know I have a weight advantage but I don't think I should be killin him like that. I drove it and I played around with it and vtec is not there at all. Could something be wrong with his ecu?

what ecu is he using??maybe trace the wires back from the solenoid to the ecu to see if they are ok,

is the check engine light on?

Also, if vtec is working properly you will definitely hear it. vtec affects both intake and exhaust cams on dohc engines. the intake cam is the only one affected on sohc vtec heads, which is why its a much smoother transition.

His oil is fine, but you don't here it. I have a jdm h22 in my hatch and the only thing done to it is a full exhaust, and I destroy his car. You any where and u see videos of b18c5s keeping up with h22s if not beeting them, I know I have a weight advantage but I don't think I should be killin him like that. I drove it and I played around with it and vtec is not there at all. Could something be wrong with his ecu?

You really need to hook up an LED or something and make sure that the VTEC isn't working before you start messing with it. And honestly I don't think it's that strange that you're beating him. You've got more horsepower and torque, plus a weight advantage...

You really need to hook up an LED or something and make sure that the VTEC isn't working before you start messing with it. And honestly I don't think it's that strange that you're beating him. You've got more horsepower and torque, plus a weight advantage...
x2,and check the screen,could be clogged

Back