vtec is not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mathondaman

ok so first the vtec will not engage i checked the wire runnig into it (most of the time that is my problem) not today i also made shure it has the has proper amount of oil in it so this is my question what else could cause this problem?

also if the wire to the vtec selinoid fell out and grounded during engagement would it short or is there a fuse i can check

well it could be a few things, unplug the vtec selinoid and un a wire from it over to the hot post on the battery and touch it and see if the selinoid clicks

well if it clicked then its good make sure the screen inside of it is clean make sure all the wires and ground wires are right and then still no vtec swap out ecu with someone just to check it

ok im going to try bypassing the emanage's vtec controller and run the vtec straight to the ecu im thinking the wire grounded and caused a short in the emanages vtec circut i was hoping there was a cheaper fix to my problem i will let you know if this correct the problem

naa not realy but there is a problem somewere id strt from scratch, the pressure switch and all is grounded right

yea that is a good idea i was going to take it off any way and change to a stand alone ems emanage was a temp fix and has been a pain since day one

well other than the electral issue the only other reason it wouldent engage is oil level right or could there be a un forseen pressure issue

ps oil is full and no oil light

this car sat for a year and a half till today due to tranny faliure vtec was engaged when the tranny locked up at 140 clutch pressure plate rivet's sheared off hece locked up

yes oil being low and a bad oil pump can do it but its rare

yea hondatalooks like the way to go but was conidering s300 and aem's ems just cant decide i havent talked to anybody who has used either so i dont want to wast that kind of cash to find out witch one works better

Back