Vtec Issue On B16 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok me and my friend just swapped a b16a into a crx si, we built the engine over the winter, we put it back together and itsatrted right up with a litle vacuum problems, but they are already taken care of. know we wired the vtec solenoid to pin A8, vtec oil pressure to B5, and knock to B19, the knock sensore works, and in the manual it says that the blue wire on the oil pressure switch should have 12v on it and it does, but i'm getting a error code for the oil pressure on my ecu, and i'm getting the vtec trouble code. WHen the key was in the on position i measured around 10v on the vtec wire comming from the ecu, but i thought the only time voltage goes through the wire is when the vtec kicks in. This is making no sense, Did anyone have this problem before???And what can it be? The wire is fine, its hooked up to the right pin, and the vtec solenoid is good. I mean what the fuck can it be????

what do you mean a second wire? There is a blue/black,which as the 12v on it and then the black wire which is ground through the harness, do you think i should take that black wire an ground it to the chasis?

What about that 10v i'm reading off the vtec wire coming from the ecu, shouldn't i read 0v. Because thats how i'm activating my vtec on my mini me swap, with a rpm switch which throws a 12v signal to the solenoid. So that means the ecu shouldn't be trowing any voltage when the key is on.

I had the same problem with my swap. The VTEC press switch would throw a code and turn the solenoid off if you ripped it hard enough. I replaced it with a switch from a D16Z6 I found in the junk yard and everything's great now.

well, i removed the vetc solenoid and cleaned the filter, and pulled the positive battry clamp off and it reset the ecu and all the trouble codes are gone thanks for the help though!!!

Back