vtec issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haao13

I just recently did my first engine swap and was hoping i could get a little help from somebody who knows a little more about hondas then me. i put a d16z6 in my 93 hatchback and i really cant tell if the vtec is kicking in or not. i know it should kick in at 5500 but there isnt a change in exhaust tone or increase in rpms.

on a single cam you arent really gonna hear or feel the vtec crossover unless its heavily modded

okay thanks a lot. all i have is a cai/h/e nothing major. and i was driving it for a day with a cel until i wired in the vtec but then it went out. i also tried running a wire from the solenoid to the positive terminal and it clicked so i guess its working. also i have a apexi v-afc and was wandering wat a safe vtec engagement point would be that i could get the most power from?

im not sure what the cel was. it went out after i wired in the vtec so maybe no vtec because i was running the p28 without it for a coulpe days. and no it doesnt feel like it hits a wall at 5500 it pulls the whole way to redline. you know where i can get a chipped p28 for relatively cheap?

Xenocron

You can buy a chipped P28 or a chipping kit and get your own P28 to chip yourself if you are brave enough to try it yourself.

Back