vtec just quit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec quit working for awhile, now it works but at about 5800rpm it cuts out hard. also my butterfly mechanism on the drive side of the intake manifold has been "twitching" causing my car to die, or have trouble starting.

twitching= openning and closing quickly for no apparent reason.

thanks

Originally posted by indeskater@Aug 29 2004, 09:06 AM
vtec quit working for awhile, now it works but at about 5800rpm it cuts out hard. also my butterfly mechanism on the drive side of the intake manifold has been "twitching" causing my car to die, or have trouble starting.

twitching= openning and closing quickly for no apparent reason.

thanks
[post=383271]Quoted post[/post]​

before anything check your oil level

how about checking the screen in the vtec solenoid? possibly clogged

of course you can check every vacuum line, but since Vtec is oil pressure activated i feel like that probably won't be the cause of that problem

check the power source to the IAB's and solenoid? did you wire it yourself? is there a loose connection someplace

i dunno bro, just throwing shit out there good luck :shrug2:

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Aug 29 2004, 02:14 PM
before anything check your oil level
[post=383287]Quoted post[/post]​

I was thinking the same thing. Vtec won't activate unless there is sufficient oil pressure in the system. How's the quality of the oil in your engine? What about your oil pump?

So you don't get a check engine light? I was reading my Helms and there are a number of codes associated with vtec failure...

Back