VTEC killer cams,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergey P.A.

ok I went to a performance shop today, and they had some new and weird shit, I don't know if it's new but its funking owesome,
1st one, I saw some TODA cams and I asked the guys what kind of cams are thise and he said its a VTEC killer cams, I was like yeah right cuz the cams had only the side lobes,no middle one, but the lobes were oversized, he said that this are cams for drag racing strait, not for street use, and he also said that the vtec is on all the time with this shit, so if you kknow what it is can somebody expayin it to me,

2nd thing is I say a IM which basically had a throtle body for each cilinder, that's not new to me, if somebody know's what I am talking about here explain pleaze
<_<

yes you can run an air box with ITBs
generally you need to run a full standalone for ITBs (as far as i know hondata can not deal with them)

VTEC killer cams are pretty much exactly what he said
it would be equivalent to running an LS head with VERY agressive cams
no VTEC engagement... basicly high lobes 100% of the time

on ITB's, how would you wire that up? like where would you put map/tps/iat sensors and your vacuum lines and such?

...and you don't kill the VTEC, you have it, but it's allways on, that's not like for street use when you use it only when you need it, that's for Dragsters Only,

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 14 2004, 12:08 PM
on ITB's, how would you wire that up? like where would you put map/tps/iat sensors and your vacuum lines and such?

depends on the model.

most, you have to vacuum port in. standalone time.

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Feb 15 2004, 03:08 AM
...and you don't kill the VTEC, you have it, but it's allways on, that's not like for street use when you use it only when you need it, that's for Dragsters Only,

wrong, you don't have vtec anymore, you have only one cam lobe, with no lobe change over that means no vtec lobe. if you want to call it constant vtec go ahead.

Originally posted by 97CTR+Feb 16 2004, 07:50 AM-->
Sergey P.A.
@Feb 15 2004, 03:08 AM

wrong, you don't have vtec anymore, you have only one cam lobe, with no lobe change over that means no vtec lobe. if you want to call it constant vtec go ahead.

you'll have two cam lobes with the TODA vtec killer (im pretty sure) and only one with the crane cams vtec killer which requires special rockers so you never have the vtec function with these. just really big cams.

exactly what E said, and go visit his link :)

have a nice day

duh...

<quote>1. The Primary and secondary lobes are designed to be the same size.</quote>

off toda's web site
so yeah 2 lobes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back