vtec killer cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

vtec killer cams ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

has anyone used "VTEC KILLER CAMS"? my buddy was telling me about them and i thought i would ask around. he said these cams make your car use vtec at every rpm. this would obviously make your mpg suffer,but by how much? who makes the cams and how much do they run? would anyone suggest these as a cam upgrade? thnx for the help

toda makes them....does anyone knoe if those cams would work with an FI set up...i was thinking about using them in my rex...

fi? are you nuts?

the whole point of this cams is for road racing purposes.

and like 3 people on this forum road race... and you guys aren't one of them. lol

i was under the impression the vtec killers were more of a drag cam. but i guess it really doesnt matter what you use it for.

if you buy the cams, then you need the toda valve springs, then you need the toda retainers, then you need the toda valves... blah blah blah. Not worth it in my opinion. It sounds like a bad bitch at idle though :)

Quoted post[/post]]
vtec killer cams ?

The cams do not have a vtec lobe (the middle one). They have much larger primary lobes, vtec sized lobes. So in essence you are always in vtec. Thats why they call them vtec killers. And like pissedoffsol said they are only for the track, definately not daily driver material.

kool. thnx for the responses guys. i'm not going to use them i just wanted a little more info on them. just trying to improve my HONDA knowledge! haha thnx again guys oh ya, i bet they do sound lovely at idle.wish i could hear them in person

Back