Vtec Killer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brettII

KMS-fab
a few friends and i are looking inot building an all motor car. we have a 90 CRX Si with a JDM b16a2. y80 tranny i believe. evidentally the engine came out of a Zxi Teg from Japan (or something like that). its our friends car so thats his end of the project. We were thinking of doing a different bottom end (type r or gsr) any preference in the two? they are nearly the same beside one hold more HP, or are they? also, has anyone heard of the TODA Vtec Killer cams? good idea or bad...mind you this will be an all motor drag car hoping for 9 or 10's at completion. any information is greatly appreciated. thank you,

brett

just because you want to be all motor drag doesn't mean you have to use the vtec killer's.

how competitive do you want to be? i think you should run a gsr block bored and stroked to at least 2.1 liters. that alone will cost you around $5000, once you have all the new fun internals you'll need to be making power to the 8200 rpm redline that head will still have.

then practice your driving skills. a rex with that block on a stock head should be able to run at least low 12's if you can drive and you have all the suspension stuff that will allow you to hook up.

my $.02 just know that racing all motor is expensive. and trying to be competitve at it is really expensive.

if i were you i would just grab some ls pistons, or bore the motor and get some b20b pistons and run that b16 turbo. it'll be real quick and way cheap.

might as well slap on a ITR motor. why just the block. ITR has better air flow, higher compression, cam profile, blah blah blah all that stuff. You wanna run 9 or 10 you better take out the cash. not just adding on parts gonna make you go fast. numerous hours of tweaking, tuning, dyno, and all that headache stuff will be considered just to avoid detonation, pre-ignition, friction avoidance, timimg, fuel curve, flow, air to fuel ratio, all that stuff. took me one year and a half, and only running 12.4 full interior. (on a tight ass budget too) About the Toda Killer VTEC, that's when you all out boy, that shit is serious. though output power is amazing, that's one of the last things. think about it. it's all about experince, knowledge, and money.

All Motor 9's, well if you do it then you would be the first with gasonline. Fastes is currently 10.07 thanks to ER. Well I advise you to find information and you better know what your doing. Throwing in 2.1 or more liters with some nasty cams and weighing in at 1700 isn't going to get you there. But you will get pretty close. This is something that takes trying out different all motor applications suc as, shit i don't even know where to begin due to all kinds of information effecting this. Easier said than done.

Milan

Really, man he is getting closer and closer, i think within 1-2 months he will be the first 9 second all motor honda, that is awesome, I like the fact that the All Motor class is growing fastest out of all classes.

Milan

Back