Vtec Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boodussi808

I've heard about people making these vtec light buy getting parts from radioshack etc...wires led resistors etc. hooked it up etc..supposingly the light comes on exactly when the vtec kicks in....yes this is cool especially at night...I made one and it works...then I took car to shop to check the codes etc. cuz I had check engine light on even before I installed vtec light...they said that the ECU board is fried!! What the heasay! yet the car starts and works just the CEL comes on...is this true? Is hooking up the Vtec light causing harm to the ecu? Hmmm so I got a replaced ecu and disconnected the light waddah you guys think? :eek:

no, go pull the code yourself and see what it is. Wprst case buy a new ECU. Shouldn't cost more than $100 at most

Hmmm $100 bucks huh..can i buy one from you...I running a OBD1...for b16a. These damn shop charge me $250 point blank for ecu obd1...anyhow thanks..did you make one too is it running okay?

go pull the code from your care first and see whats wrong before you go out and buy a new ecu

Back