1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VTEC makes my motor burn oil????

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Carnage, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Carnage

Carnage Junior Member

I did my engine swap (d16z6) in my 90 hb about 2 months, putting alot of miles on the motor. I did the frist oild changed about a month ago and the oil came out great, and about the same amout as as I put in. But this last month, i got vtec going on it. Kicking on vtec every now and then, I realised when I changed my oil yesterday almost nothing came out of there. Is vtec suppose to make your car burn oil ???. Or are the vavle seals strating to go ???
    I need help A.S.A.P. This i can know if I need to send the head to get redone next week.

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

i dont think vtec burns oil but i know when get on it it burns oil and when i drive normal and smoothly it doesnt burn oil.

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

:werd:
    I burned about a quart in the last 2000 miles. I drive in the city mostly, and I rod the piss out of my engine. Find out if your burning the oil, leaking it, or just blowing it by your rings. If you burned more than a couple quarts, then you definitely wanna figure it out, before something gives.

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

from what i understand it should burn a little :)

5. spoolinrican

spoolinrican Junior Member

do u see black or blue smoke?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted