VTEC makes my motor burn oil????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Carnage

I did my engine swap (d16z6) in my 90 hb about 2 months, putting alot of miles on the motor. I did the frist oild changed about a month ago and the oil came out great, and about the same amout as as I put in. But this last month, i got vtec going on it. Kicking on vtec every now and then, I realised when I changed my oil yesterday almost nothing came out of there. Is vtec suppose to make your car burn oil ???. Or are the vavle seals strating to go ???
I need help A.S.A.P. This i can know if I need to send the head to get redone next week.

i dont think vtec burns oil but i know when get on it it burns oil and when i drive normal and smoothly it doesnt burn oil.

:werd:
I burned about a quart in the last 2000 miles. I drive in the city mostly, and I rod the piss out of my engine. Find out if your burning the oil, leaking it, or just blowing it by your rings. If you burned more than a couple quarts, then you definitely wanna figure it out, before something gives.

Back