Vtec Malfunction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey I was wondering if it was possible for vtec not to enage all the time. The reason I ask is that my buddys car sometime pulls very strong when it goes into vtec but a lot of the time is very slugish and the revs rise very slow. obviously there is something wrong there. We took the vtec unit off and cleaned er out and inspected the spring. Im confused.

what rpm is the vtec kicking on at what mods are done mine did that when i got it due to vafc not being wired right then i got it wired right and the problem stopped

how often is it sluggish like that? has he checked his distributor cap and rotor?

Hey guys. just normal mods. he does have the vafc. Its sluggish most all the time. its set up to kick on at around 5200K. Its got a brand new distributor. Could it be out of time? when he took the distributor off he didnt move anything and than just threw on the other one.

check to see if the blue wire is connected on the vafc harness that is the one that goes to the VTEC oil pressure and worked for a short while on mine without it then started acting funny and then after a while longer threw code and i plugged it in and reset ecu and havent had a problem since

you need to time it when you throw on a new distributor. re-time and see if it helps.

Back