vtec maulfiction ???? helpp! please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JadeDM1tegi

Am having problem on my b16 si engine when I hit 5000rpms its starts doing this nasty
Like cloght feeling with a nasty backfires whole car shakes and I can pin point the problem I just
Want 2 see if maybe its my solenoid anyone have any clues??

Yeah but the only codes it throws me are the o2 sensor heater circuit but I changed both og the o2 sensors bank1 and bank 2

Did you use bosch O2 sensors?? If you did then that might be your problem. I have had nothing but shit luck with them. Buy NGK o2 sensors off of NGK.com They are like $50 a pop VS 140.

But can that be the problem? Cause I know it still throws me a o2 sensor code cause I have
Straight pipe so no catt we're the o2 sensor goes

Yeah but could that cause the problem? Cause I know the code is throwing me
And the check engine light is cause I don't have a cat so the o2 sensor is on a straight pipe

Bank 2? You don't have a bank 2. Bank refers to a 2nd bank of cylinders. You have bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2...

Anyway, yes that will cause your problem. The 2nd o2 is there to monitor the cat to see if it's doing it's job. Since you have a straight pipe, the 2nd o2 sees no change and thinks the cat has failed. Get a high flow cat and call it a day. Or get your car tuned and have the tuner turn of the o2 sensor monitoring.

Back