vtec minime

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holy crap. I hope the rest of the newbies reading this topic get one point. Find out what you're doing before you start the project. This should have taken three days, at the most.

Your head gasket will very likely blow again because you failed to keep your parts organized and sprayed the copper spray before you were ready.

You're supposed to use the TDC mark on the crank pulley, not the marks for the timing light. That's your first problem. Your second problem is that you're not putting proper tension on the timing belt, per the manual. Do the job correctly and the engine will run correctly.

To the OP,
Honestly if you ACCTUALLY read through your Haynes/Chilton Manual about the specific procedure you are doing, you wouldn't have to ask these questions, because seriously, I'm typing things basically directly out of the book, If you can Read our posts, you can read the book, both with most likely yield the same answers.

This is very true. Like as with the crank pulley bolt, the only reason I knew what to tell you is because I read the book, and I basically told you exactly what they said in the book. The only differences between us and the book, is the book is with you, we are not, and the book can take apart your entire car and put it back together in a detailed manor, we cannot.

Try taking off your dizzy and rotating it 180 degrees if you had the Dizzy off the car while you were working on the head, Causes a no start condition when 'everything looks right'
the cam and dizzy are offset to ensure you cant go 180 out
To the OP,
Honestly if you ACCTUALLY read through your Haynes/Chilton Manual about the specific procedure you are doing, you wouldn't have to ask these questions, because seriously, I'm typing things basically directly out of the book, If you can Read our posts, you can read the book, both with most likely yield the same answers.
the book isnt straight to the point like you guys are..you tell me exactly what to do and how to do it..the book lolligags.and again i appreciate all of your help
This is very true. Like as with the crank pulley bolt, the only reason I knew what to tell you is because I read the book, and I basically told you exactly what they said in the book. The only differences between us and the book, is the book is with you, we are not, and the book can take apart your entire car and put it back together in a detailed manor, we cannot.
i knew what i had to do about the crank pulley bolt..i wanted to use the books way as a last resort...i figured someone might have a trick to this bolt..and i did end up using the book as a last result..but instead of the sevice shield i took the starter off......

I don't think you know what I mean about the dizzy,

I know the DIZZY only goes on one way, but the ROTOR *The prongs that go into the cam* can be rotated 180 Degrees, and causes a no start condition because your timing would be 180 degrees off.

ohok i read the post wrong...so if its not pointing to number one when everything is at tdc...what should i do??can i just move it to #1?

ohok i read the post wrong...so if its not pointing to number one when everything is at tdc...what should i do??can i just move it to #1?

Assuming you had the Dizzy off the head when you changed the gasket, the rotor may have spun, Take the dizzy OFF the head, look at the 2 prongs that go into the cam in the head, and spin them 180 Degrees and put the dizzy BACK into the head.

Assuming you had the Dizzy off the head when you changed the gasket, the rotor may have spun, Take the dizzy OFF the head, look at the 2 prongs that go into the cam in the head, and spin them 180 Degrees and put the dizzy BACK into the head.
problem solved...the car started right up...the only thing left to do is ignition timing...im so happy this project is finally over..def. couldnt have done it without dasfinc,daveholiday,blanco,and norcalgsr.thank you guys...

problem solved...the car started right up...the only thing left to do is ignition timing...im so happy this project is finally over..def. couldnt have done it without dasfinc,daveholiday,blanco,and norcalgsr.thank you guys...

Glad to be of help man, just remeber KISS "Keep it simple Stupid!"

Haha awesome. I'm glad you got it running. Bet your brother's pissed that as soon as he hands the keys over, it fires right up ;)

Haha awesome. I'm glad you got it running. Bet your brother's pissed that as soon as he hands the keys over, it fires right up ;)
lol nah hes only 16 and he wasnt rlly into honda until he got this car..he alwasy liked older muscle cars...hes been lookin at gettin an 84 camaro and putting my racecar motor and tranny in it...ive asked him like 20 times if he wants the car back..and he keeps saying no its cool you have it im gettin an older car..

:thumbsup:

great to hear... you should really enjoy driving the car after all you have been through with it. ^_^

Just get the ecu, and then run wires :) there's a million diagrams on wiring vtec to a vtec ecu w/o a harness
ok what ecu do i get??
i know of a crx that had a d16z6 in it...i can get the ecu for free..its a junk car
but what is the code?

ah... i think if you just put a z6 head on the car it would make sense that its ecu would work for you.

this is starting to become a long thread

ah... i think if you just put a z6 head on the car it would make sense that its ecu would work for you.

this is starting to become a long thread
yea it is becoming quite long...and i need to know the ecu code..and i got the ecu from a friend it was the only part from a single he had....

For a D16Z6 engine the stock ECU is the P28 and it's OBD1.

If the CRX you were speaking of had that engine in it then it probably has everything you need to convert it as well.. unless the parts are already missing? Since the D16z6 is an OBD1 engine the easiest way would be to convert to OBD1.

Back