vtec minime

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i just need to know if/how to wire vtec without having the ecu and wiring harness..i dont want to convert to obd-1..i used the a6 manifold and injectors...
i have something soo i can adjust the fuel maps and everything.i just need to know what wires need to go where

How are you adjusting the fuel maps? And as far as using the stock ecu for vtec, the only thing you can do is have it chipped for vtec, but you still may have to convert, I don't know. Other than that, you're looking at running a toggle switch.

no way man he won't lose power with vtec disengaged. Vtec heads flow more than non-vtec heads do so if anything he will notice a small increase in power and then we wires the vtec up and notice more power.

How are you adjusting the fuel maps? And as far as using the stock ecu for vtec, the only thing you can do is have it chipped for vtec, but you still may have to convert, I don't know. Other than that, you're looking at running a toggle switch.
im running a greddy system to adjust fuel..and thats exactly what im looking for..how would i wire it..using the toggle switch?or and rpm switch?

no way man he won't lose power with vtec disengaged. Vtec heads flow more than non-vtec heads do so if anything he will notice a small increase in power and then we wires the vtec up and notice more power.
who said anything even relative to what your responding????im not worried about losing power.or which head flows best...this car pulls hard as it is(For a single)i actually have more than what i expected

Have you ever driven a vtec car with vtec disabled? I have, a couple actually, including mine. And trust me. You lose power compared to what you will have.

If you have a way to adjust the fuel maps, then I guess you could just use a switch, I'd say an RPM switch over a toggle though, because with an RPM switch you won't have to go and hit the switch every time you want to go vtec. Or, you could get an VAFC-II which will let you adjust fuel and vtec.
http://www.autocarparts.com/part/list/5/

Last edited:
Have you ever driven a vtec car with vtec disabled? I have, a couple actually, including mine. And trust me. You lose power compared to what you will have.

If you have a way to adjust the fuel maps, then I guess you could just use a switch, I'd say an RPM switch over a toggle though, because with an RPM switch you won't have to go and hit the switch every time you want to go vtec. Or, you could get an VAFC-II which will let you adjust fuel and vtec.
Apexi VAFC II - AutoCarParts.com

ok soo would you happen to know of a wiring diagram for this
?i searched for an hour last night and came p with nothing..and yes id want an rpm switch over anything

ok well the cars been running fine since saturday..go to drive it today it starts i back up..get out to run in the house real quick come out ..the car stalled..i start it back up..its idling real rough..around 500rpms..i go to give it gas and it slowly climbs to 1500 and then died..tried starting again wouldnt start..it turns over but wont kick again...i check all the sensors and theyre all plugged in...what the hell is going on??the car has been running rich..i pulled the plugs and cleaned em off..still wont start..its getting gas..i just dont get this car..its not throwin codes

i don't really understand this thread... last you needed help to rewire your car because you didn't want to convert to obd1... now the car was running?? it's hard for me to imagine how we should be helping you on this thread when you are not necessarily doing the things you should be doing. the reason this car is not coming together correctly is because you have been ignoring advice and are trying to do things half-assed. how do you expect to get help with the car not running all of the sudden? what did you do or neglect to do in the process??

i'm having a bad day and taking at least a little out on you. but i'm also being honest.

rpm switch and separate air/fuel map?? sounds way too complicated... get the correct stuff and do it simple, then maybe the car will simply stay running from day to day.

rpm switch and separate air/fuel map?? sounds way too complicated... get the correct stuff and do it simple, then maybe the car will simply stay running from day to day.
ok i already have the vtec thing figured out...that was awhile ago...the car was done right the first time..it has been running for a week...all of a sudden today it stalls and wont start backup..i am done wit the build..and have driven for the past week..understandable??i listened to everyones advice and it was running strong..the only thing i did not do was convert to obd1..that wouldnt make the car die after a week..

Back