vtec not engaging

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a mini me with a zdyne ecu and the vtec stopped engaging. what could be the source of the problem.

i don't know but i'm sure someone who does is going to need a hell of a lot more info than that... checked your oil? connections good? any codes?

The VTEC pressure sensor is basically an oil pressure sensor. Insufficient oil pressure, low temperature, a faulty switch, a plugged or faulty solenoid;

All could cause no VTEC, wiring and ECU aside.

Check your oil, make sure you're up to temperature. If VTEC doesn't work, check your wiring. After that, get a manual and start making your way down the trouble shooting list.

when you did the mini me did you pull out the oil JET? if u didnt, then thats why, take the head back off, but if u did then its low oil proly

yeah we did take the oil "jet" off when building the mini me. thanks though.

we found that the celiniod does click with twelve volts if the engind is turned off, but when its on, it doesn't.
we also found by wiring a light from the vtec wire, the ecu and ecuwire to celiniod is good.
we cleaned the celiniod and also put a new gasket on it.
also after driving agressivly for a short period of time for instance around the block fast(rpm's that should be supported by vtec) the celeniod is hot, probably twice as hot as the valve cover.
we also tested the ohms of resistance and the celiniod read 15.
but then what is a good reading?
any help or suggestions thanks!

Back