vtec not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yfz450

Steve
Ok i have a 91 accord with a h22 in it and i got the motor from japan and when i put it in the car the vtec hasent worked, when i check the codes a shit load comes up and then they go away, so i dont know whats up with that so i tried hooking the vtec solonoid up to the battery and i heard a single click noise. but it dosent work.Theres plenty of oil in the motor. and oil is shooing out when i take the vtec solonoid off. If anyone can help me that would be awesome.

Did you wire up all 3 vtec wires? The oil pressure, solenoid, and the ground?

I still gotta wire mine up in my d15b swapped Ferio.

Not meaning to thread jack, but how do you check the ecu for codes? My CEL is on too. Of course, I have the d15b7 ecu controlling a JDM d15b vtec so it's GONNA be on, but I need to know anyway because when I wire up the vtec and switch to 1-wire o2 for the p08 ecu I have, incase it comes on again then.

Last edited:
Not meaning to thread jack, but how do you check the ecu for codes? My CEL is on too. Of course, I have the d15b7 ecu controlling a JDM d15b vtec so it's GONNA be on, but I need to know anyway because when I wire up the vtec and switch to 1-wire o2 for the p08 ecu I have, incase it comes on again then.

Look in the reference section, I believe they have an article on it in there.

just as long as your engine check light is on i don't think your vtec will be working

did you swap ecu's?? cus stock ecu is the P12 non vtec for the F22... and you need to have atleast a P13... but check your pin-out from your ecu.... chase the wire thru the car to make sure there isnt a weak link....

Back