Vtec oil pressure sensor CEL code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

I replaced the gasket/screen today, and it's still throwing the code. Thought I'd try that first as it's way cheaper than the whole unit, and plus the old gasket had hardened up and was leaking oil, so it needed replacing anyway.

So the only thing I noticed is that when we wired it up using the hasport sub harness, we couldn't get the wire plug from the sensor to click into the wire plug from the harness, so we removed the plug and just made a clean splice of the two wires. Maybe that changed something?

Any help is appreciated thanks.

ya i have the same problem and cant figure out y. so i jus wired the oil pressure switch to a switch and engage vtec when at full throttle around 5000 rpms so i know there is addiquate oil pressure. tempory fix till i can find the problem.

I replaced the screen and gasket, but the fucker is still leaking a small amount of oil from what I can see. About a day after I did this, the CEL code disappeared. I have to jumper the ecu plug again and see if it's still got the code stored in memory or not.

Originally posted by jdm2gen03@Sep 20 2005, 12:00 PM
ya i have the same problem and cant figure out y. so i jus wired the oil pressure switch to a switch and engage vtec when at full throttle around 5000 rpms so i know there is addiquate oil pressure. tempory fix till i can find the problem.
[post=557099]Quoted post[/post]​

My vtec seems to be engaging fine too. Which suprises me considering the bad sensor.

Back