VTEC Oil Pressure Switch code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

Yo,

Me getting a VTEC Oil Pressure Switch code ... however i am SURE that Vtec isss working.

So i am totally blank and what is goin on about this code.
Where should i check maybe i got a sensor disconnected ?

The engine is pretty cramed so its a pain to look and check around it.
I heared there is some oil pressure switch on the back of the engine, just under the intake manifold (thats pretty cramed place) .. is this true ?

Help me get this damn code off plsss.
Btw .. tried re-setting the ecu .. but it still pops up.

Got a jdm D15B running a usdm p28.

Thanks guyss :blink:

there is a pressure switch on the back of the block, but thats not the vtec one. that one turns on your dash's dummy light, as well as sends a general signal out.
the vtec pressure switch is located right by the vtec solenoid on the side of the head

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Jan 11 2005, 05:23 PM
Yo,

Me getting a VTEC Oil Pressure Switch code ... however i am SURE that Vtec isss working.

So i am totally blank and what is goin on about this code.
Where should i check maybe i got a sensor disconnected ?

The engine is pretty cramed so its a pain to look and check around it.
I heared there is some oil pressure switch on the back of the engine, just under the intake manifold (thats pretty cramed place) .. is this true ?

Help me get this damn code off plsss.
Btw .. tried re-setting the ecu .. but it still pops up.

Got a jdm D15B running a usdm p28.

Thanks guyss :blink:
[post=444270]Quoted post[/post]​

Most JDM motors don't have a VTEC pressure switch. You can either disable VTP in the rom or connect the VTS to the VTP wire to trick the ECU into thinking it sees VTEC oil pressure. FWIW, if you are getting that code it is not going into VTEC and if it is it is falling right back out. A stock P28 will not let you stay in VTEC with no VTP signal.

Yep nfn15037, I guess you are right.

I didn`t know that trick could be done. But i think i`ll opt for the disabling via the rom, much easier and was on that way of chipping the ecu by uberdata so .. there you go.

Thanks guyss

An easier trick to the pressure switch problem would be to tap the pressure switch wire into the VTEC solenoid tire. Basically those two see the same signal 0V at low RPM, 12V at high RPM. good luck

Originally posted by seephor@Jan 14 2005, 08:08 AM
An easier trick to the pressure switch problem would be to tap the pressure switch wire into the VTEC solenoid tire. Basically those two see the same signal 0V at low RPM, 12V at high RPM. good luck
[post=445531]Quoted post[/post]​

Even read my post? :p And its VTEC solenoid into the VTEC pressure wire.

Back