vtec or not?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kevinboicourt

hey anybody, I've got this problem. I have a 93 honda del sol si with a d16z6 motor in it. is that a vtec? I keep reading everywhere that it is, but it doesn't kick in at all. how can I tell if I have it or not? or if I do, if theres anyway to check why it might not be working? please, need some help. thanx

u wana know if it has VTEC by lookin at the motor? look on the Distributor side, right next to the dizzy on the top back of the head. theres a little solonoid thats the VTEC solonoid, its like a lil brown capsel dohicky..

It all depends on the setup. I have a d16z6 with a silver intake pile, an OBX muffler, and when vtec hits I get thrown back my seat. With my whip I own mini vans like there is no tomorrow :)

But seriously d-series vtec is nothing like dohc-vtec. Do a b16 swap or better and you will get the results you are looking for.

hey thanx everyone for the help, it's just I was curious cause I don't hear anything different, I dont feel anything different in the upper rpms. but thanx for all the help

Back