vtec pressure switch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blink1_8_2dude

ok i bought a jdm b18c and the vtec pressure switch sensor was broken off so i pulled one off of an 99 honda accord. and in a section on this sight it says that there is only one wire should come off of the sensor, but on this one there are 2 wires coming out, is this correct or am i just over looking something, someone please hepl me and tell me how to wire this to my ecu(p 72) everything is obd-1 on my car.

1 wire off vtec, 2 wires off vtec pressure. 1 wire goes to ECU, 1 wire goes to ground. If you don't feel like dealing with it, you can simply ground the vtec pressure wire from the ECU and it will act like there is always vtec pressure.

i would HIGHLY reccomend that you do not just ground that wire out. that sensor is there for a reason. use it properly.

how come it isn't present on many JDM motors from the factory then? It's an idiot switch - if you have oil in the car and a working oil pump you'll have vtec pressure.

right- it is an "idiot light" but i think its import to use as a safeguard.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 4 2003, 04:41 PM
right- it is an "idiot light" but i think its import to use as a safeguard.

my point exactly. yea it will run without it and you PROBABLY wont have any problems ever. but like pissedoffsol said, use it as a safeguard.

Back