vtec problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deucef22

I have an f22b1 and my vtec isn't engaging and I've lost about 30hp I'm not sure what it is. Could it be my vtec controller

I just saw you have a vtec controller check the wiring or the programing..

I'm going to try taking the vtec controller out and check it maybe it will engage but I still can't figure out why I lost HP any ideas on that??

Is this motor built at all? If not, then there's no need for a VTEC controller, especially on a single-cam Accord motor. Honda set the VTEC engagement points from the factory for a reason. Unless you've got some type of build going on that necessitates or really benefits from changing the VTEC engagement points, then you'd be better off just running an appropriate ECU...

Its been bored ported and polished the bore is .020 over

That's not completely correct the f22b in Europe I believe it is, is also dohc, not to be confused with f22b1 or f22b2 however there is an f22c1 that is dohc

https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-engine-list-29128/

no sir, the only DOCH Vtec f-series is the f20c in the s2k

Not true. The S2K has two motors, the F20C, and later the F22C. The S2K engines are a lot different then the Accord F-series though.

However, there's also the F20B, which is a dual-cam, VTEC-equipped F-series engine that was used in certain European Accords. It's very similar to an H22, minus 0.2 liters of course.

Sorry if our engine list is not up to date. I have intentions on fixing that one of these days...

Thank you Brutal and deuce, I knew there was a dohc f20b... I messed up and put f22b..oops

Not true. The S2K has two motors, the F20C, and later the F22C. The S2K engines are a lot different then the Accord F-series though.

However, there's also the F20B, which is a dual-cam, VTEC-equipped F-series engine that was used in certain European Accords. It's very similar to an H22, minus 0.2 liters of course.

Sorry if our engine list is not up to date. I have intentions on fixing that one of these days...

thanks for correcting me! not good to spread around misinformation!

No problem I would want someone to tell me if I mistaken about something, and as far as the vtec controller it's gone I took that pos out but my vtec still isn't right and I don't know why I lost horsepower

Then go to square one, Clean the vtec out, check and make sure its getting voltage, wire the solenoid to the battery to make sure it is clicking, then last check the wiring..

Will do I'll let you know what I find thanks to everyone trying to help out

Well all is good vtec is engaging at 3000rpm I had to get a new one but I got it for 25 used and once again thanks for the help

Back