Vtec problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totally insane

I have a 97 dx hb with a ls-vtec. When i drive the the car hard going up to 8300rpm it falls out of vtec and code 22 pops up. if i turn off the car and turn it back on i get no check light untill the vtec engages again. Any ideas i been like this for a while. :confused:

Taken right from our refferance section.

22*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
94-98 92-98 n/a n/a 93-97 98 93-98`
VTEC Oil Pressure Switch
defective circuit or unplugged / defective oil pressure switch
* not a valid code if car does not have a VTEC engine

Taken right from our refferance section.

22*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
94-98 92-98 n/a n/a 93-97 98 93-98`
VTEC Oil Pressure Switch
defective circuit or unplugged / defective oil pressure switch
* not a valid code if car does not have a VTEC engine
my point was that the OP should look it up before posting. you shouldn't have to do that for him. ^_^

my point was that the OP should look it up before posting. you shouldn't have to do that for him. ^_^

:werd:

And to the OP, is your engine built at all, or is it just a completely stock LS-VTEC? I'd be wary of consistently revving it that high if it's not built to handle it...

ok i have a built ls vtec with wiseco 9:1 pistons and carrillo billet rods. the head has brian crower dual springs and ti retainers with stock gsr cams. also has a mild port and pollish . and to clarify what i meant by (code 22) cel 22 vtec oil pressure switch. oh the head is a p30/b16 and the block is ls b18b

hows your ground wire for the switch? happened to me and had a bad ground although it looked good

Slap a new pressure switch on it and it should be good to go, as long as your wiring is right.

i had a similar problem with my b16a's vtec. i changed the oil pressure switch and it did nothing. what solved my problem was ajusting my TPS, before blowing 69.99 on a oil pressure switch check your fuel:air ratio.hopefully that helps good luck.

i had a similar problem with my b16a's vtec. i changed the oil pressure switch and it did nothing. what solved my problem was ajusting my TPS, before blowing 69.99 on a oil pressure switch check your fuel:air ratio.hopefully that helps good luck.

hmmm that seems like a really good thing to check. vtec engages but doesnt stay. wish i woulda thought of that...good one! ^_^

Back