vtec problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What the easiest way to check for oil pressure. I mean something I can do without taking it to a shop.

buy an oil pressure gauge..it comes with the stuff in the box to set up a the entire unit, you should get a " bell" shaped looking thing in the box thats your oil pressure sending unit. some cars you have to tap into the oil pan but i think on h22 theres a opening on the cylinder head. its an alen key type of screw on head. there should be 2 of them, a smaller and a larger sized opening.

I have been having a similar problem with my H22ed 94 Accord. For about six months after the swap was complete VTEC was kicking on hard everytime, no check engine light, and redline was at about 8200. Recently, the check engine light came on and now VTEC will not kick on anymore at all and the redline has decreased to about 6500 RPMs (where it was with my F22). The only code that is coming up is for an EGR valve. My mechanic checked the wiring and grounds and could not find anything. Replaced the solenoid, oil pressure switch, and swapped out the ECU and still no VTEC. Does anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate any help.

Mark Piegari
EmEonE07390@aol.com

i like the fact that your searching, but please dont bring back old threads.

as for the answer, i never found one. i had a knock sensor code and a egr code. i know why the knock sensor code came around (remember to use shielded wire for that sensor). as for the egr, i just ended up buying a p28 and disabling the egr valve. thats the only way i figured out how to get rid of it. hopefully with all our new members, you can find a cheaper way to fix it.

Back