VTEC question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChrisSiR

Is it normal for the b16a (sir) to hit vtec at 4k rpms? btw, i am not useing any kind of controller, and the Pw0 Ecu.....

Here comes the flames!!!! i know i know, its V-TEC! someone should slap me!!!! :D

Originally posted by MXDesa@Sep 17 2003, 01:03 PM
Its VTEC!!! And its okie to turn over at 4k but thats is too low to produce optimum power

i know i know, look at my edit...... TYPO I SWEAR!! im not an idiot.... any flames, i know i deserve :p that'd be really cool if one of the moders could change that for me :D

im not making it kick in at 4k...... it just does it on its own.... i was just wondering if thats normal for the motor and the ecu.... or if i have a wireing issue for the vtec ;)

Originally posted by ChrisSiR@Sep 17 2003, 02:01 PM
Is it normal for the b16a (sir) to hit vtec at 4k rpms? btw, i am not useing any kind of controller, and the Pw0 Ecu.....

no.

it shoudl hit at roughly 5200 if memeory serves

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 18 2003, 12:18 AM-->
@Sep 17 2003, 02:01 PM

no.

it shoudl hit at roughly 5200 if memeory serves

hits at 4k everytime, :unsure: any idea's as to why? :huh:

thanks for fixing my stupid ass mistake.... :worthy:

oil pressure too high? a possibility since vtec activates by oil pressure. maybe bad oil filter? i dunno. just a thought.

Originally posted by ek9r@Sep 18 2003, 11:08 AM
borrow someone elses ecu and try it out.

i dont know anyone with a Pw0 around here :(

not sure how it could be a bad oil filter its got MAYBE 4K miles on it... Purolator....

i'll have to see what happens when i finish soldering wires <_<

Back