VTEC quit working?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92_gsr_eg

in desperate need of help i have a 92' civic LX with a 99'gsr. running on a chipped p28. was driving it for a while. but then all of a sudden vtec quit workin. (vtec is wired on a button,done by previous owner) it has a wire coming from the button, then he cut the wire right on the vtec solenoid, and spliced it there. then there is another wire coming from the button, then going under the hood, but it is cut, not connected to anything now. i just noticed it was undone. i am trying to get vtec wired up CORRECTLY,off the button. i have done alot of research and seen all kinds of write ups. but i would like some personal help if ya'll can.:D i also read that 92' civic were already wired for vtec, but where is it wired up already from? PLEASE HELP,thanks

hers a quick pic i made fast to help
4btbapz.jpg

except the black wire that says ground to button was a mistake, thats the wire thats not hooked up to anything.

1more thing, i have had a couple people tell me that the ecu could have fried, or that the speed sensor could have gone out. but thats why i want to get it wired correctly, so i can make sure everything is good, because after a while its gonna be moved into another eg, or ek. just wanna make sure the motor is still all good before hand.

get rid of the button, just run the vtec wire to the proper pin out on the ecu, and make sure its grounded

:werd:When the motor goes into vtec the ecu changes the air and fuel curves. If the ecu isn't controlling vtec than all your really gonna get is the sound of the secondary cam profiles with little or no change in power. Seriously tho, vtec on a switch WTF are people thinking:confused:

So to actually help you guy, search on here to find the proper pin locations on the ECU and wire your car correctly.

Good Luck

Back